Thoughts on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part Three (Spoiler Free)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

Okay, so maybe I binged an unhealthy number of episodes (in an unhealthy amount of time) to finish the first two seasons of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I couldn’t help it. You had the seductive scholar, Ambrose. The badass, bloodthirsty former bully, Prudence. The conniving Father Blackwood. The elegant and cunning Zelda and the sweet and nurturing auntie Hilda. You had the love interests who agreed to share (sort of) in Nick and Harvey, and fleshed-out best friends in the seer, Roz, and brave, fighting Theo.

So, when part three came out, I had to see it.

So, I’m not going to reveal too much (to prevent the oh-so-delicious, yet painful spoilers). However, from what I can tell so far there’s a lot more…

MUSIC! If you thought that the season finale for part two’s rendition of Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera was the last musical number you’d be receiving in this series, then you are WRONG. There is so much more camp to be added to this series.

MURDER! Yes, a little less surprisingly, the horror flick does include more murdering for part three. (Akin to the demons of seasons two and one past and the entire sacrificial episodes… that required literal sacrifice.)

RIVALRIES! There wouldn’t be drama without a little tension between two (or more!) opposing sides.

TEENAGE ANGST! (Even auntie Zelda has to comment about how much brooding and angst there is for this).

So far, I have to say that I’m loving it. The characters of the series have definitely come into their own, and what Game of Thrones lacked in character consistency and charisma for their finale is not lacking in this series.

Sophia Whittemore is a Correspondent for the Dartmouth HXCampus branch. When not working on HXCampus, they're writing webcomics on Webtoons, Pride books for Wattpad, was a staff writer at AsAm News, and has published the "Impetus Rising" series back when they were in high school. Sophia's also a geek, but who isn't?
Aishu Sritharan

Dartmouth '20

Aishu Sritharan is a member of the Dartmouth College class of 2020.