This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

Whether you’re hanging out on the beach, back home with family, or just eating food and waiting for a new term to start, MUSIC is always a necessity!

Without further ado, here are 10 songs to add to your vacation playlist.

1. Hotel California by the Eagles→ Yes, the subject matter itself is actually about rehab. But tell me this song isn’t catchy!

2. Wipeout by the Surfaris/Beach Boys → The song is totally tubular, dude.

3. Escape by Rupert Holmes → Trust me when I say you know this one. If you like piña coladas and getting caught in the raiiiin.

4. Island in the Sun by Weezer → Weezer. Singing about Buddy Holly, Beverly Hills, and setting a pop tune to your angst since the 2000s.

5. Holiday by Madonna → it’s in the title.

6. Holiday by Green Day → see #5

7. Holiday by Vampire Weekend. Holiday by Weezer. Holiday by… hold up, who hasn’t written a Holiday song?!?

8. Endless Vacation by the Ramones → The Ramones had the right idea with this song. Sure, it starts out crooning ENDLEEEESS VACAAAATION, then goes onto a headbanging solo. But tell me you don’t get a little emotional on the ENDLEEEESS VACAAAATION line.

9. Soak up the Sun by Sheryl Crow → Even if you’re on a snowy winter’s break, it’ll get you in the vacation mood! I’m gonna soak up the suuun~!

10. Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin → Finally, a perfect thing for vacation. Here’s a little song I wrote, I want to sing it note for note—DON’T WORRY, BE HAPPY!

Well, what are you waiting for? Plug in those speakers/headphones and enjoy! 

Sophia Whittemore is a Correspondent for the Dartmouth HXCampus branch. When not working on HXCampus, they're writing webcomics on Webtoons, Pride books for Wattpad, was a staff writer at AsAm News, and has published the "Impetus Rising" series back when they were in high school. Sophia's also a geek, but who isn't?