This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

About a year ago, I did a foreign study program from my college in Paris. I had been to the city before and absolutely loved it, but staying there for 10 weeks was a different, very positive experience.

During my stay, I also traveled around France on a few weekends and one of the trips led me to the South of France to a small city called “Cassis”. My friends and I stayed in a wonderful AirBnb with the most gorgeous view of the ocean. On our second day, we decided to hike “Les Calanques”. We had heard that the little fjords or bays were supposed to be absolutely stunning.

So we packed our bags with water and sandwiches, put on our best walking shoes, and took a hiking map to explore these “Calanques”. Little did I know that this hike would lead me to see one of the most beautiful things I have seen in my life.

The hike itself was quite tough: There was a lot of up and down and every now and then, we even had to almost climb.

The view on the top of mountain was absolutely worth it. It showed me again how beautiful nature is and how important it is that we preserve and treasure it.

The turquoise water of the Calanques and the seemingly never-ending deep blue of the ocean that met with a light blue sky in the distance was incredibly beautiful.

I had forgotten what hikes can make you feel and realized that I was so lucky to get the opportunity to see the beauty of nature.

Paula is the Social Media manager for Her Campus at Dartmouth College. In addition to managing the social media platforms, she enjoys writing about Health, Beauty and Food. Paula is originally from Germany, but lived in London during 8th Grade, attended High School in New York City and has now been attending Dartmouth College for the last 2 years. She is extremely passionate about her YouTube Channel (Paula Joline) and her Instagram account (@paula.joline_nyc), where she enjoys telling people in Germany about life in America and people in the United States about what it is like to go to college.
Sophia Whittemore is a Correspondent for the Dartmouth HXCampus branch. When not working on HXCampus, they're writing webcomics on Webtoons, Pride books for Wattpad, was a staff writer at AsAm News, and has published the "Impetus Rising" series back when they were in high school. Sophia's also a geek, but who isn't?