Style

Easy Hairstyles for the Busy College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

Do you ever feel like you want to experiment with your hair, but feel like you never have the time? Check out these ideas below! 

1. The classic headband. You can’t really go wrong with a headband. Headbands can work on any hair length, and come in so many different styles that you’re bound to find something that you love. 

2. Try an easy half-up-half down style, like this one. Personally, I love these kinds of styles, because it keeps the hair out of my face, but still lets me keep some of my hair down. You can also vary how high or low your half-pony is to change up your look.

3. Add a hair ribbon. Swap your rubber band for a hair ribbon, be it colorful or patterned, to add a touch of personality to your style. 

4. Try a low bun. On days when your hair is particularly messy, you might want to sweep it completely off of your shoulders. A low bun is often the perfect way to accomplish this, and is actually extremely easy to do. Here is one of my favorite tutorials. 

5. Experiment with hair clips. Hair clips are a great way to accessorize and also have the added benefit of keeping the hair out of your face.

6. Do whatever makes you feel confident. If you like the way your hair looks, you’ll automatically feel more confident, so don’t be afraid to just do you!

I hope these tips give you a few ideas to start with! Often trying a few things and seeing what works for you is the best way to find your new favorite hairstyle, so be sure to experiment and try something new! 

Aishu Sritharan

Dartmouth '20

Aishu Sritharan is a member of the Dartmouth College class of 2020.