Style > Beauty

Easy 5-Minute Beauty Routine for Busy Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

Mornings are hard. Despite your best efforts, you probably won’t have time for a full face of makeup every morning. There will be days when you have only a few minutes to get ready before running out the door or logging in to Zoom class, but just because you don’t have a lot of time doesn’t mean you can’t look great. Here is a quick, easy, natural makeup look that takes only 5 minutes to complete! 

Cleanser

Use a gentle cleanser and warm water to make sure you start with a clean face.

Moisturizer

Choose a light, nongreasy moisturizer with at least SPF 15 to keep your face healthy and hydrated. If you plan to be in the sun for extended periods of time, use a sunscreen on top of your moisturizer. 

Concealer

Use a concealer that matches your skin tone to cover up any spots or blemishes on your face. For the under-eye area, use a concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone to cover dark circles. Dot the concealer in a triangle shape (not a line!) under your eyes and smooth with your finger or a beauty blender. 

Powder Foundation

Powder foundation takes less time to apply then a traditional liquid or cream foundation. Using a large buffing brush, apply a layer of powder all over your face in a smooth, circular motion. While it may provide less coverage than some liquids or creams, powder foundation gives your skin a smooth, matte finish that looks super natural. 

Brow Pencil

Brush your brows and fill them in with a brow pencil. Keep your strokes short and light to give yourself full yet natural-looking brows.

Mascara

Apply mascara to your eyelashes, starting at the base of your lashes and extending to the tips. Blink on a tissue to get rid of excess product and prevent clumping. 

Tinted lip balm

Finish the look with a tinted lip balm that both moisturizes and enhances the color of your lips. Apply the lip balm on your bottom lip first, then apply it on your top lip, starting at the center of your lip and moving outward to each corner. Press your lips together to smooth it out. 

And you’re done! If you still have time to spare, you can set your makeup with a setting spray to ensure it stays on perfectly throughout the day. 

I hope you found this tutorial useful for the days when you only have five minutes to get ready or when you feel like going for a “no-makeup” makeup look that enhances your natural beauty.

Emily Wang

Dartmouth '22

I am an economics major and English minor at Dartmouth. In my free time, I enjoy music, creative writing, and photography, as well as going on scenic walks, watching rom-coms with friends, and reading psychological thrillers.