6 Things to do During Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

There’s lots to be excited about as the term draws to a close and with winter break just around the corner. With 5 full weeks off from school, winter break prevents the perfect opportunity to do all those things that you want to do during the term, but that you never have the chance to do. Here are some of my favorite things to do during the winterim:

1. Watching lots of movies. Old favorites, new releases – you name it, and I’ll be watching it.

2. Catching up on sleep. So technically, it’s actually impossible to “catch up” on sleep, but I always try to get 8 hours of sleep every night while on break before going back to the stresses of college life.

3. Shopping for sweaters (and other winter gear). There’s no better way to prepare for the Northern New England winter than loading up on winter gear. And there are few things more satisfying than picking out cute sweaters to bundle up in when it’s -10°F outside.

4. Reading those books that you’ve been wanting to read. During the term, things are so busy and move so fast that it can be hard to find the time to actually read anything besides your textbooks. Therefore, I like to use winter break to tackle my reading list.

5. Avoiding campus food at all costs. I always cherish the handful of weeks that I have at home in order to enjoy the home-cooked food before going back to the usual campus food.

6. Taking the time to reflect on the term. The term moves so fast that it can be hard to slow down and take some time to reflect on you’re the progress you’ve made toward your goals and to draft new ones. Winter break is my favorite time to do some self-reflection and think about what I can do better in order to achieve my goals.

Good luck on finals, and if you’re feeling overwhelmed, just think about all you have to look forward to once winter break rolls around!

Aishu Sritharan

Dartmouth '20

Aishu Sritharan is a member of the Dartmouth College class of 2020.