This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

Life can get stressful and we can get caught up in all the negative things that happen during our everyday life. So here is a list of 15 small joys that make life so much better:

1. Looking at the scenery when driving in the back of the car. Bonus: The sun shining through trees at your face.

2. The smell of freshly-cut grass.

3. That first bite of food after you have been hungrily waiting for it in a restaurant.

4. Seeing a stranger smile at their phone and knowing that they just received a nice message.

5. Watching a sunrise or sunset.

6. Keeping a journal on my phone using the app “DayOne” and the app reminding me every day what I did today two years and a year ago.

7. Doing a 10-minute organizing- and cleaning-session in your room and then being happy when everything looks a lot more neat.

8. Spending time with friends – whether that is cooking or watching a movie or going out.

9. Getting enough sleep – that is a big one! I don’t know about you, but I really cannot function without my sleep.

10. Checking things off of your to-do list.

11. Smelling fresh roses.

12. Laugh.

13. Get fresh air and take a walk outside. Bonus: having the afternoon sun warm your face on a cold winter day.

14. Yawning – it can feel so good to just yawn!

15. Thing about good memories.

This is just a short list of thing that can better your day, but I hope you can take the time to check off some of them!

Paula is the Social Media manager for Her Campus at Dartmouth College. In addition to managing the social media platforms, she enjoys writing about Health, Beauty and Food. Paula is originally from Germany, but lived in London during 8th Grade, attended High School in New York City and has now been attending Dartmouth College for the last 2 years. She is extremely passionate about her YouTube Channel (Paula Joline) and her Instagram account (@paula.joline_nyc), where she enjoys telling people in Germany about life in America and people in the United States about what it is like to go to college.