This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.
  1. You recently received a quest with cryptic instructions. A confusing homework assignment, or is it a code to stop the end of the world?

2. Somebody’s told you that “you’re my only hope”.

3. You’re trying to unite two warring factions. Lannisters versus Starks, or is it just theater versus jocks?

4. This winter has lasted for far too long…. curse you, blizzards in March!

5. You find yourself in a group of three. Why do the heroes always travel in groups of three?! (Ron, Hermione and Harry, I’m looking at you.)

6. You have a mentor of some sort. They act somewhat quirky. Bonus if they own an unconventional pet.

7. You’re REALLY attached to an object and don’t know why. Cool jewelry, an old notebook, or your phone… it might have magic.

8. You have some moment of personal growth. Whether it was a physical glow-up, or you now have the mental/spiritual capacity of a magical being, you’re convinced there’s mysterious forces at work here for your revelation.

9. You keep checking the mail, waiting on that letter from Hogwarts.

10. You’re just trying to make your mark, and in the process, change the world.

Sophia Whittemore is a Correspondent for the Dartmouth HXCampus branch. When not working on HXCampus, they're writing webcomics on Webtoons, Pride books for Wattpad, was a staff writer at AsAm News, and has published the "Impetus Rising" series back when they were in high school. Sophia's also a geek, but who isn't?