This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dalhousie chapter.

It is no surprise that Halifax is home to some of the best study spots. Whether you are looking for a place to have a study date or to cram for a midterm or exam, this city will not let you down. Some of my favourite coffee shops in the city include the Wired Monk, The Rabbit Hole, Cabin Coffee, Grounded Coffee Bar and of course, Coburg Social. 

The Wired Monk is located in downtown Halifax and has a cozy seating area downstairs, making it the ideal place for hosting a small meeting or doing some work alone. It is a very quiet area for doing schoolwork and they have an amazing assortment of desserts and drinks to choose from. 

The Rabbit Hole is a unique cafe and is perfect for all the sweet lovers and coffee drinkers. Full of sunlight, it is a quiet study spot for a study date or to read a book. 

Cabin Coffee is also one of my favourite spots for a study date. It is located right on the waterfront and is walking distance from the boardwalk. The food and coffee are amazing and the staff are very friendly.

Ironically, I have yet to try the Grounded Coffee Bar, but it is one of the most popular coffee shops in Halifax and is located on the waterfront. Grounded Coffee Bar brings a specialty coffee experience to the Halifax Waterfront, offering a variety of local roasted coffees from across Atlantic Canada. They have freshly made baked goods which are perfect if you are in a hurry.

If I had to choose, I would have to admit that my favourite coffee shop in Halifax is Coburg Social. It is walking distance from Dalhousie and King’s, and has a vibrant and lively atmosphere – making it a great spot to be social and study with a group of friends. It has many tables for groups, including some seats near the windows. With various baked goods and coffee, this spot will have you feeling like you really are in a university town. 

Last, but not least, the Central Library is the best library I have ever seen. If you like the modern look, you will definitely fall in love with the public library. It is only a 20-minute walk from our campus and has multiple floors including a rooftop balcony. It is a great study spot to visit with friends and has great lighting for studying. This library is an incredible option for the weekends when you can grab lunch downtown and enjoy some much needed rest time.

My name is Ana Bodington and I am from the Cayman Islands. I am in my first year in the Commerce program at Dal. I am hoping to major in Marketing because I have really enjoyed it from my past internships and I have developed a passion for all things creative. I have completed three internships in the Cayman Islands in different fields and have really enjoyed them. I have done two in Marketing and one in Compliance. I attended boarding school in Canada for three years and I was awarded the scholar status. I am passionate about mentoring which I have gained community service by working with an organization in the Cayman Islands to mentor students. I enjoy doing art, working out, shopping, mentoring, and reading a good book.