This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dalhousie chapter.

To our members at HC in Halifax, to our greater community of students and to the small businesses who have kindly supported us in bringing our first giveaway to life – thank you.

As the year comes to a close – don’t worry, we still have lots of articles to share and publish – we are so grateful to have seen all of you participate in this giveaway. 

Before the stress of exams begins to take over, visit your favourite small business. It will give you an opportunity to disconnect from all things Brightspace and take a minute to remind yourself that no matter the outcome of the academic year, everything will be just fine.

The first business that we would like to extend a thank you to is Audrey’s Little Shop of Plants. With a location on Lower Water Street in Halifax as well as a shop in Dartmouth, the beautiful plants at Audrey’s can add a little more ‘home’ to your student house as the summer unfolds. A big thank you to Audrey and the lovely business she has built, the team at HC is beyond grateful.

Moving on to the Boardroom Cafe, we are so excited to have the opportunity to share this business with you all. Tucked on Barrington Street, this cafe is nothing conventional. While you can certainly indulge in your favourite lattes, you can treat yourself to a meal that even includes pretzels and pizza. As you wait for your comfort food, you can entertain yourself with one of their 600 games. The Boardroom Cafe is a stop worth making to celebrate the end of the year with the people who made it all the better. Thank you to the Boardroom, we appreciate you!

Last, but not least, Quinpool Road is filled with many hidden gems, one of the best being the East Coast Bakery. If you’ve ever set foot in this fresh bakery, you likely would have opened the door only to discover that you’ll be leaving with more than what you had planned on buying. The smell of bagels and cookies will take you to a kind of paradise that only the best businesses offer. Given its close proximity to our campuses, the East Coast Bakery is the perfect spot to grab some food on the way home from the Killam – an incredible way to treat yourself and above all, support locals. Thank you to the kind and welcoming staff at the East Coast Bakery for all of their generosity. 

We hope you all had a great time participating in this giveaway and that it added some unexpected excitement to an otherwise overwhelming week. We appreciate all of the small businesses who trusted us in facilitating this giveaway – thank you is an understatement.

Raeesa Alibhai

Dalhousie '24

Raeesa is a Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Dalhousie. Being a sophomore journalism student at the University of King’s College, she feels that working within the media is not a right, but a privilege, and one that ought to be exercised with diligence and care. She strongly believes that the role of a journalist is to amplify the voices of all those who have stories that need to be told. A part-time fashion & fitness-fanatic and full-time How I Met Your Mother enthusiast, perhaps the countless hours spent watching Robin on World Wide News sparked Raeesa’s desire to work as a TV broadcaster herself.