This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Safiya Nygaard, YouTubes ‘bat’ mom and queen of the Frankenstein’s released a very special and longtime anticipated video on January 5th, 2020. As many of you may know hence the title of this article, Safiya finally released her wedding video from her wedding back in November. In this video, Safiya weds her best friend of five years, Tyler Williams. I just have to say this is probably my favorite wedding video I have ever seen on YouTube, and you don’t even have to be a fan to understand why.  

Back in the days of Vine, I know it’s been a while, Safiya gained popularity with her longtime friend/boyfriend Tyler. Once the platform fell apart, they moved to YouTube where they have received ultimate success with first working for BuzzFeed and then on her own channel with videos such as melting all her lipsticks and buying items off Wish.  Tyler, although he also has a YouTube channel, also works on a streaming platform he created with a couple of friends called “Nextbeat”.   

Back on December 14, 2018, Safiya and Tyler uploaded a video called “We’re Getting Married” which of course left all of us crying tears of joy and sending love to both. As they continued to upload regularly many of us fans began to wonder when the wedding was going to be and if they were going to be public about it. Being influencers, it was natural they went along with documenting the experience of setting up a wedding such as picking a wedding dress and making their wedding cake. Then one day the sky opened up and God said, “let there be a wedding video” and boy did we get a video, a whole 30 minutes to be exact!   

Not only is this video just so wonderful for being a constant memory of Safiya and Tyler’s love, but the cinematography is also so lovable. Most wedding videos that are on YouTube are easily only three to maybe ten minutes at max! So, when we saw the thirty-minute logo all our wigs were snatched, right away I knew this video was going to stand out from other wedding videos. The video starts out like any other Safiya video, her introducing the topic and giving an overview/narration of the footage being displayed. We see her getting ready with her bridal party, and even some tears shed out of joy (grabbing my tissues brb). The video then pans over to the Carondelet House, the place where the ceremony and reception were held. This building is stunning, it has exposed brick and real hardwood floors throughout, a perfect spot to match Safiya and Tyler’s aesthetic. The filming team does a great job of showing us around the building and showing all the steps that went into making this wedding a perfect ceremony, I really recommend that you watch the video.   

We watch the ceremony, and the reception as Safiya changes into her second dress for the first dance. I have to say, the best part of this video is her and Tyler’s first dance. Being a recreation of the dance from the Adams Family Values, their dance was comical and elegant. We get to see some prominent YouTubers such as Shane Dawson, Jenna Marbles, and Simply Nailogical. As the dance comes to an end, we see some wedding speeches from both sides of their family, which made us weep like a baby, they were so heartfelt and sweet. The video ends with a montage of everyone dancing all night long.   

I love this video so much. This was so different than any wedding video I had ever seen, and I appreciate them including their fans into their wedding by giving us all the access through the day. Their wedding looked like so much fun and I am so happy for both of them, I hope they have a happy marriage!   

First-year at CWU, originally from Woodland, Washington. Majoring in political science, Evelyn enjoys reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.