This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Well Women’s history month is here and how there is much history in women’s history and how we could just hold it for one month and of courses we had to put at the start of the year. I think about how many women had to fight for today’s normal rights but now we are losing more and more every day. I am here to give a couple of my favorite facts about women’s history month and also how a couple of my favorite women.

A Day in the month

Women’s history month first started out as a day and not just one month then it got moved to one week then the next thing we know it is one month in the year.

Vote

Did you know Wyoming Territory was the first place to give women the right to vote in 1869?

19th

The 19th amendment didn’t give all women the right to vote.

Degrees 

Elizabeth Blackwell was the first woman in history to earn a medical degree in the United States.

Credit

Women were not allowed to get credit cards until 1974. Like man that’s sad that is been almost 49 years for that one. 

Living

Women outlive men in every society. 

Active

16 percent of women are on active duty in the United States military.

Millionaires 

Madam C. J. Walker was the first black woman in history to be a millionaire in the United States.

1965

Now all women have the right to vote in the United States.

Congress

27 percent of congress is made up of women as of today.

Hi am Lauren I am from Poulsbo WA, I am a junior this year majoring in social services and minoring in Law and Justice. I work a full time job at Central Washington Disability Resources helping people who self identify with a disability find housing or get on social security disability or even apply for food stamps. I enjoy writing topics about people with disabilities and laws around woman’s rights.