marvel avengers infinity war poster oficial coverjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
marvel avengers infinity war poster oficial coverjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Disney/Marvel

Why You Need to Watch the MCU Movies in Timeline Order

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Over spring break I took it upon myself to watch every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie in the order they were intended to be watched in. I am a Marvel fan through and through so of course I watched every Marvel movie in theaters. However, there is something so satisfying about watching them in chronological order! According to Rotten Tomatoes, the timeline order is as follows:

Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain Marvel

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

Thor

Marvel’s The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America: Civil War

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Thor: Ragnarok

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Avengers: Endgame

Spider-Man: Far from Home

Marvel logo sign
Photo by Elijah O\'Donnell from Unsplash
It was definitely a time commitment as all of the movies just over 50 hours! Of course, I had to take some breaks in between but I did finish them all in just a few days. I thought I knew all there was to know about the MCU but watching the movies in this order allowed me to notice a ton more easter eggs than I had before! It was also super nostalgic to re-watch the classics like Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, and Thor!

I originally decided to start this movie marathon in preparation for Wanda Vision, and if you haven’t streamed it already, I would highly suggest doing what I did! Next up on my list is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, but because I love to binge, I am waiting for all of the episodes to be released!

CBR/Marvel Studios
This is a perfect movie marathon to do while social distancing but if you are a big Marvel fan like me, be prepared to shed a few tears. If you’re thinking of streaming them all, you can find most of them on Disney+ which actually has a section where they are in timeline order already. Happy streaming!

XOXO HC

HC CWU Events and Marketing Director / Personal Financial Planning & Entrepreneurship / Cancer Sun