What The #HCSurvivalKit taught us: Rimmel Is Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Living in a more rural area like Ellensburg, we all experience the struggle of finding a new product on Pinterest or a recommendation by a beauty blogger and having to scowwer the internet to find that you have to pay half of the products sticker price in shipping.  

Most of the time when we need anything other than beer or toilet paper we head down Water st. To Fred Meyer and hope for best. One stop shopping is a blessing but to compare the far left isles of Freddie’s to the endless wonders of Sephora and Ulta is a recipe for disappointment. Lucky for you they can all be found at your fave local one-stop-shop.  

Provocalips by Rimmel London 

Nothing brings together a winter look more than the perfect lip color. Provocalips provides exactly that and an all day last that you don’t have to worry about smudging or re-applying all day. What I like most is that when you chose to re-apply, it doesn’t get a gross build up or get clumpy like a lot of other matte lipsticks I’ve tried. 

Member Feedback: “I like the 2 step method, and it lasted all day!” -Jenny 

Scandaleyes Mascara by Rimmel London 

This Mascara is perfect for a bold look! I was always told never to spent more than $9 on mascara and this backs it up! It doesn’t get clumpy at all and it gives you all the volumn you’re looking for, because there is no such thing as too much. 

Member Feedback: ” I have definitely used this mascara before however its been a while. (I usually rotate between different brands of mascara). Using this has reminded me of how much I love this brand. Its goes on smooth with no clumps, it gives me the length and volume I want, and its not expensive compared to other brands. Overall, LOVE IT.” -Sierra 

Bronzer by Rimmel London 

I have a medium/deep skin tone, but I have a neutral undertone; so it’s really hard to find a bronzer that warms up my face without turning me into a carrot! I love this bronzer for a natural everyday look, I wouldn’t use it for contouring because it has a sparkle to it that adds light to your face a and deducts definition. It does stay all day, even if I don’t wear primer! 

Scandaleyes Eye Liner

Perfect for a smudged smokey look! With winter around the corner, a bold eye is not complete with this liner!

Before this years Holiday Survival Kit, I mostly just used Rimmel’s Kate Moss lipstick and never branched out. Not only is it affordable but it’s quality products that you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for, even at the drug store. So the next time you’re walking down the isles of Fred Meyers remember what we told you

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!