Culture > News

Tweet of the Week: Ellen Page Discusses the Political Impact on the LGBTQ+ Community

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Recently, Ellen Page was on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. She did not refrain when asked about homophobia in today’s political climate. Being a part of the LGBTQ+ herself, she revealed to have dealt with plenty of intolerance. Page also makes some great points about how the Vice President is hurting those within the LGBTQ+ community. Read and listen for yourself down below:

https://twitter.com/MarkRuffalo/status/1091355429215617024

Leave a comment below and tell us what you think about Ellen Page’s commentary on the issue. 

Her Campus CWU President and Writer Previous Her Campus CWU Events Director Current student at Central Washington University  Major: Public Relations Minor: Advertising, Sports Business, and Interdisplinary Honors I love writing about anything and everything! Politics, fashion, mental health, and many others! I hope to be able to utilize my skills/ endeavors from Her Campus, along with other clubs, organizations, and experience in order to pursue a career in PR.