Top Tier Rom Coms for Your Next Movie Night

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.
  • The Proposal (2009) Starring Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds

If you haven’t watched this movie before it should be next on your list! Although the love story is very cute, the grandma might be my favorite character. Sandra Bullock is a boss babe lady who needs to quickly get engaged in order to not be sent back to Canada. She blackmails her employee, played by Ryan Reynolds, and chaos ensues from there as she has to go meet his family.

• Sabrina (1954) Starring Audrey Hepburn

This is probably one of my favorite movies of all time. It’s very cute and classy! Sabrina, played by Audrey Hepburn, is the chauffeur’s daughter and grows up with a huge crush on one of the sons of the rich family that owns the estate. She goes off to pastry school and when she returns the brother that she liked fancies her, but the problem is… he’s engaged! The dad enlists the help of the older brother to help take up her time, their conflicting personalities start off a bit rocky but they develop a cute friendship, and maybe more. With so many factors flying around this movie keeps you on your toes!

• 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) Starring Heath Ledger & Julia Styles

A teenage high-school romance, two sisters with opposite personalities and a controlling father who doesn’t want them to date, prompting the dad’s new rule: the younger sister can date if the older sister does. The big problem, the older sister has no interest in high-school shenanigans. Chaos ensues as gossip spreads around the school and more people get involved in the situation. My favorite scene, besides the ending, is a cute outing that involves a paint fight!

• Princess Diaries 2 (2004) Starring Anne Hathaway

Princess Diaries One is good, but number two things get real. She is supposed to get married to be able to officially be queen, which prompts a search for a man. But of course, there’s a rival family trying to steal the crown and ruin things. A forbidden romance may or may not ensue, and there are a few girl power moments that are absolutely serving.  

• Roman Holiday (1953) Starring Audrey Hepburn 

Another Audrey Hepburn film, this one is just as good. She’s a princess and he’s a reporter and they have some cute adventures while in Rome! Lots of cute adventures & definitely worth the watch.

• Monster In Law (2005) Starring Jennifer Lopez

This has so many funny moments. As the title suggests, the mom of the main man is feeling a little protective and causing chaos for Jennifer Lopez. A very cute and funny movie, I’ll leave the rest as a surprise because it’s hard to give details without having any spoilers.

Hello, my name is Enjoli and I am double majoring in Primate Behavior & Ecology and Anthropology. I am very passionate about animals and conservation. In my free time I love painting, hiking, baking, and other forms of creating.