Things You Forgot You Missed About In-Person Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

After more than a year of online school, the reality of scheduling classes on campus for the next academic year still hasn’t sunk in for me yet. This is my third year of college, and spending nearly half of it on Zoom has left me forgetting about the experiences that I have missed as a student during the pandemic. As restrictions are starting to ease up, I thought that I’d remind you of a few things that you might look forward to this fall!

Choosing Your First Day of the Quarter Outfits

brown and tan clothes hanging on a rack
Photo by Alyssa Strohmann from Unsplash

I know I’m not alone on this! Choosing your outfit for the first day of a quarter and taking pictures with your friends can help set the tone for the next 10 weeks of studying.

Hunting for a Parking Spot in the Morning

Sometimes it’s easier to park at Grocery Outlet and walk to class, but it’s an experience that every student should have.

Picking Up a Coffee on the Way to Class

Ordering your favorite drink on Door Dash just isn’t the same!

Meeting Your Classmates Face-to-Face

Brooke Cagle via Unsplash

I’m not the most outgoing person when socializing with strangers, but I’m looking forward to small talk with my peers next fall!

Making Connections with Professors

Being able to visit professors during their office hours or after class is much more personal face-to-face than through a computer.

Using Your Gym Membership

Workout partner
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

As someone who doesn’t love going to the gym solo, I’m looking forward to attending CWU exercise classes with my friends again!

When Your Professor Allows the Class to Leave Five Minutes Early

The feeling you get when your professor dismisses class early is the college equivalent to your elementary school teacher rolling in the TV cart for a movie.

Stocking Up on the Latest CWU Apparel

There’s nothing better than buying an oversized hoodie for cozy study sessions!

Like this article? Follow @hercampuscwu on Instagram for more.

HC XOXO

Kyla is a senior at Central Washington University double majoring in Marketing Management and Leadership and Management with a minor in Digital Marketing. She enjoys reading, cooking, and playing with her dogs.