This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

My bank account has seen better days, especially before I downloaded the Tik Tok app during quarantine last year. I have spent countless hours scrolling through this app watching dancing videos I could never recreate because, well I can’t dance, and then what are probably my most favorite videos, “amazon must-haves”. 

I have bought everything from cherry-shaped measuring spoons to an alarm clock that runs away from you when it goes off. Just trust me, you need it.

Now I know the best way to shop is locally, but with the pandemic, there have been some limitations to store capacity and some stores even being closed. Online shopping in my opinion is the next best thing. No lines, no need for human interaction, it’s fantastic. 

Here are some of my Amazon recommendations for anyone looking to spruce up their shopping list!

Woman laying in bed
Photo by Kinga Cichewicz from Unsplash
Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels: Like I previously mentioned, this is probably the most random item I have purchased off Amazon. But let me tell you this, I never wake up late anymore. This clock was designed for the heavy sleepers that love to just curl up into that cold spot on their pillow and mumble, “just five more minutes” to themselves. This clock breaks that real fast. At 7 am on the dot this thing makes a noise similar to how I think R2-D2 would sound in distress. If that isn’t enough, it rolls off the bedside table and will roll as far as you allow it to. There have been countless mornings where I had to go on a manhunt for this dang thing. But hey, at least I am awake.

Lady Handheld Rechargeable FanThis fan is disguised as a perfume bottle! It has three speeds and I found it really useful to set my makeup and speed up the drying time. This fan comes in four colors: pink, black, green, and white. I purchased the pink one and it is just darling.

Secura Automatic Foaming Soap DispenserYou can fill it with foaming soap or regular soap and just simply mix it with water. You place your hand underneath and there is a sensor that will turn blue and dispense your soap onto your hand. It is a great no-touch product to have in the house! I have purchased two of these and placed one in my bathroom and then the other on my sink. The one in the kitchen is very handy especially when washing dishes. You never have to worry about opening the lid and getting the container all dirty. 

Fabric Shaver/Lint Remover: This handy little device is perfect for multiple kinds of fabrics like clothing, and even couches and pillows. I have a few small pillows that always have small lint balls and within 3 minutes of rubbing this device on top, they are removed and super smooth. The most useful part of this that I believe every legging lover will fall in love with is it removes those annoying black or white fuzz balls! Nothing is worse than pulling a pair of leggings out of the dryer and they are completely covered in lint. I promise you, this item will be your best friend. 

Cooling BlanketIf you like staying cool while you are sleeping or just chilling on the couch, this blanket is for you. The cooling blanket absorbs your body heat on the bottom while the top part is made of nylon material to keep it cool. The fabric is so soft, I can almost compare it to a comfy material.

Amazon

Reusable StrawsI am a huge fan of reusable straws, but what is always frustrating is when you can’t seem to clean them completely. There is a brand on Amazon that provides a snap open staw that makes it super easy to clean and dry without the hassle! It is convenient and eco-friendly. 

I hope you enjoyed all of these items I suggested, and make sure to check out the hashtag #amazonmusthaves on Tik Tok for more recommendations!

XOXO HC

Creative and Professional Writing Aspiring author and publisher Gemini Slytherin house