This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Throughout the last 50 years, the entertainment industry has given us some pretty great moms. With moms like Carol Brady and Peggy Bundy, it’s hard to choose which TV moms stand out among the rest. With that, here are some of my personal favorite TV moms.

Poster of Schitt's Creek
CBC Television

Linda Belcher – Bob’s Burgers

Where do I begin with Linda Belcher? She is iconic, to say the least, with her constant singing and lovely voice. But in the end, Linda Belcher wants what’s best for her family, and you can’t help but admire her for that.

Lucille Bluth – Arrested Development

Now, I know what you’re thinking: Didn’t Lucille commit fraud with her husband? And while that is true, Lucille wants her kids to succeed and is not afraid to say exactly what she’s thinking. Even if that means picking favorites, manipulating her family, and being an all-around crazy b*tch. I can’t help but love her for how horrible she is, and how she doesn’t let anything get to her.

Marge Simpson – The Simpsons

As a mother, Marge puts up with a lot. A near-alcoholic husband, a son that always has a slingshot at his side, and a daughter that is constantly blasting her saxophone is just the tip of the iceberg. But Marge always finds a way to keep a smile on her face, even when painting a nude painting of Mr. Burns.

Moira Rose – Schitt’s Creek

While Moira may treasure her wig collection more than her children, allegedly, I would still be honored to have her as a mom. Moira’s experience as an actor brings for some hilarious one-liners and makes her one of my favorite TV moms.

These TV moms stand out because they are simply iconic. I would definitely be a lot sadder if these moms didn’t ever grace the silver screen.  

Like this article? Be sure and check out our other features this week! HCXO

Self-love advocate and intersectional feminist with a passion for music, photography, and writing (she/her)