This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Recently I’ve seen a lot of Tik Toks using the song Before I Knew It by the one and only Mason Ramsey, so I thought it was about time I share my country playlist as a former Southern Catholic who is now a raging homosexual in love with country music.

Now this playlist is one of my pride and joys because not only is it just full of bangers, but it is also what I have a patent as my own brand of good country. So while you may not like all of it, I can almost guarantee that you’ll find at least one new country song to jam to at your next Hannah Montana hoedown throwdown.

In my professional opinion, the country music on my playlist here falls into a few categories: Sad breakup country, Angry breakup country, country love songs, party country and country memories. I’ll give a little intro to each category then suggest some songs from the playlist that fit the category.

First up, we have sad breakup country. These are some of the more popular radio country ballads that can sometimes get overplayed and may actually be the reason you don’t like country because who always wants to hear about someone else’s broken heart. But if you are going through a rough patch or a rough breakup, hopefully, some of these songs make it feel a little less lonely.

• Die From A Broken Heart by Maddie & Tae-Now this song got me through some very rough nights of dealing with heartbreak from a less than stellar wannabe cowboy. This is a song to just lay down and cry to or go on a drive through the back roads blaring when that no-good cowboy casanova breaks your heart because it perfectly encapsulates feeling like you’ll never love again.
  • Marry Me by Thomas Rhett-Don’t let the name of this one fool you because, despite its cute title, this is the last song you should be playing at your wedding.
  • Everybody’s Got Somebody but Me by Hunter Hayes ft. Jason Mraz

Next, we have an angry break upcountry. This is for when you start moving through those stages of grief and decide that you deserved better than that cowboy casanova. These songs are for the girls who are stepping back into their bad b*tch era and flipping the bird to whoever made them leave it.

• Got My Name Changed Back by Pistol Annies-I found the Pistol Annies in middle school, and despite never being married nor divorced, I have loved this song ever since. These women are the definition of spitfire and show up frequently throughout this playlist, so if you’re looking to do a lil celebrating after dropping some dead weight, look no further.
  • I Hope by Gabbie Barrett-This one is for the girls who wish their ex nothing but the worst because sometimes it’s genuinely what they deserve.
  • White Liar by Miranda Lambert

Country love songs really need no introduction or explanation, so here’s just some of the best, in my humble opinion.

• Puddle of Love by Mason Ramsey
  • Famous by Mason Ramsey
  • Before I Knew It by Mason Ramsey
  • Got No Choice by Brooke Eden-This one is gay.
  • The Good Ones by Gabby Barrett
  • Johnny Cash Heart by Caleb Lee Hutchinson

When I say party country, I can imagine the first thing that comes to your mind, so I’ll tell you the first that comes to mine. Party country songs are the ones you put on when you’re drunk in the bar and just want to dance, laugh, and scream until you’re outta breath and you can’t remember a better moment ever existing.

• Little Red Wagon by Miranda Lambert
  • Louisiana Saturday Night by Mel McDaniel
  • Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith
  • Sincerely, Drunk Me by Robyn Ottolini
  • Our Song by Taylor Swift

Finally, rounding off our categories is country memories. These are the songs you put over a video of Snapchat memories to reminisce.

• Five More Minutes by Scotty McCreery
  • The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert
  • Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset by Luke Bryan

I hope this short little intro to some of my favorite country songs as a person who didn’t grow up listening to Johnny Cash and Hank Williams helps some newer country lovers find their niche in country music, and if you liked any of these songs, be sure to check out my Good Country Playlist here!

Her Campus CWU Writer Current Junior at Central Washington University Majoring in Liberal Studies with a Business minor A yellow enthusiast through and through