This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

GREAT NEWS CATS! The snow has melted away and it looks like the sun will be staying as well. We have a few more weeks until we’ll be feeling that warm breeze, but there are plenty of things to do leading up and after here in THE BURG.

I was surprised to find this website that lays everything out involving Ellensburg for you in one place. The Ellensburg Downtown Association https://ellensburgdowntown.org/ has many portals to explore for every season. Well, thanks to their Spring Event page we have many things to look forward to within the next few months. Here’s a quick look into what the town has going on.

GIRLS NIGHT OUT

Thursday, April 13th 

5:00pm-9:00pm – Located in downtown, Girls Night Out brings all the pampering and shopping specials we crave into Ellensburg. With every $10 spent you’ll be entered into a raffle with gifts from participating stores. Plus there are plenty of complimentary massages, treatments and snacks. I’ll be checking it out.

DOWNTOWN CLEAN UP

Saturday April 22nd, 2017

9:00am-12:00pm – The EDA is looking for volunteers to help clean up the city. Time to make it beautiful for visitors and ourselves. Click the link on their webpage for more information.

KITTITAS COUNTY FARMERS MARKET

Starts Saturday, May 06- Saturday, October 28th 2017

Market hours 9:00am-1:00pm – You’ll find all farm fresh, home baked, and hand crafted products at this local market. Aligning a few streets with museums, antique shops, gift stores and restaurants there’s plenty of activities to choose from.

Perks:  Free parking and a chance to meet the people of Ellensburg.

SOME OTHER EVENTS LISTED BELOW

• Pint Night at Iron Horse Brew Pub

• Like To Bike Festival

• Kids Day At The Market

• Western Art Association Art Show and Auction

SUNSET HIKES

Every other Thursday starting April 13th , 4:00-6:00pm

$5 CWU Students/$10 non members

Each week has a new location!

SNOW LAKE DAY HIKE

Saturday, May 20th, 8:00am-6:00pm

$35 CWU Student/ $40 non members. Pre trip meeting and other hiking information found at http://www.cwu.edu/opr/summer-schedule

BUILD YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

More information found on the link above ^^^ but if you’re interested in getting a group together for your own excursion hit up the OPR office and give it a go! There’s plenty to do through the school as well. If you’re interested in going out and exploring Central Washington the Rental and  Recreation Center has you covered.

And OBVIOUSLY we can’t forget PEOPLE’S POND

My friends … peoples pond is the place to be this spring and summer. Known for its beautiful water and the place to party, you can grab your music, drinks and buddies for a great day. And OBVIOUSLY we can’t forget PEOPLE’S POND. Known for its beautiful water and the place to party, you can grab your music, Take these suggestions into consideration cats. Always fun to try something new.

A student ready to share.