This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Heading out of Ellensburg next week for a spring break getaway? Lucky for you, the Spring Break Survival Kit is loaded with the perfect mix of products to help you beat the heat and look fabulous! Here is our honest reviews of products from some industry-leading brands like Alba Botanica, L’Oreal, and Buxom!

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen

Picking a sunscreen can be tricky. A good sunscreen can’t be too sticky, or have too strong of a fragrance, but has to be able to protect from harmful damage. Luckily, this product by Alba Botanica meets all of our expectations. We love this brand not only for their amazing products, but also because they don’t test on animals or include harmful ingredient in their products like other sunscreens do! 

L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

Arriving at your tropical destination for spring break, you never want to be that girl who can be picked out of crowd because they are the palest. Tanning beds are synonymous with skin cancer and free radical exposure, so why not avoid the risk and opt for an easier and healthier option? These L’Oreal wipes give the perfect amount of natural looking color without the negative side effects. I used these for a couple of days in January before my trip to Los Angeles and I fit right in! Even better, they come individually wrapped so you can easily bring them with you to keep your tan looking fresh throughout your trip. But just a warning, if not applied carefully, your tan can turn out uneven, so make sure to read the directions to avoid any issues!

Bed Head Superstar Thickening Spray and Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Spray

Whenever traveling involves a plane ride or a time zone change, you may want to grab these products to help your hair out from the change in climate. Get Twisted is perfect for humid conditions like Hawaii, while Superstar is your travel BFF for dry, arid places like Arizona! Wherever your destination, Bed Head has you covered! 

Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow

Spring and summer are the best times of the year to experience with color not only in your wardrobe, but in your makeup routine as well! Almay’s Shadow Squad line has color schemes like purple and teal to add a pop of color to any look. If you’re just getting into statement colors, we recommend dusting the eyeshadows underneath the bottom lash line for a subtle but still edgy look. 

Buxom Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick

The days of the matte lipstick trend (and dry lips that come from it) may be coming to an end, because Buxom’s Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipsticks are the best new products for pigmented color without that uncomfortable dryness. Also, they are perfect travel essentials because of their compactible size! 

Hey HC chapters, did you feel the same way we did about our Spring Break Survival Kits? Leave us some comments in the box below with your chapters opinions.