This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

If you’re thinking of cutting your bangs, do it. I’ve been cutting my bangs since August of last year, and every time they start to grow out I can’t help but cut them again. Bangs are so cute in my opinion, and if the thought ever crosses your mind you should honestly just do it. 

Photo by Element5 Digital from Pexels

There are so many types of bangs, from the straight-across classic bangs, to curtain bangs, hell, even emo bangs if you want to. Bangs fit different face shapes differently, and after trying different styles you can usually tell which bangs you like the best. Personally, I cut my bangs straight across, but I also like when the edges of my bangs are a little shorter than the middle and they make a slight “V” shape. 

One of the only downsides is that when my bangs are cut, I have to make sure I’m washing my face pretty regularly, or else my forehead starts to break out. But that doesn’t always happen, and it’s usually better in colder seasons when I don’t go outside and immediately start sweating.

Photo by Tamara Bellis on Unsplash

A good thing to keep in mind is that while it may take a while, your hair will grow back. If you get bangs and decide you hate them even after playing with them to fit your face shape, you can clip them back and wait for them to grow out. That’s the beauty of it!

So if you were looking for a sign to cut your bangs, here it is. Thanks for reading!

Abby Duchow is a Wenatchee Valley College alum and current student studying Public Relations at Central Washington University. She enjoys listening to podcasts, online shopping, and petting cats. Abby almost entirely operates on caffeine, and hopes to one day expand her plant collection beyond just replacing the dead ones.