This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Well, you’ve made it. It’s your last year in college. What does that mean for you? A new job? Going into the adult world? Or going into graduate school? If you’re in a relationship, does that mean staying in the relationship, breaking up, finding someone else, or staying single and finding yourself? Well. Me, I’m going to try to find a job in the grown-up world. But first, you have to get through your midterms and your finals. It’s the first quarter of your senior year. You don’t want to do it at all. Then come finals. You have to get through them to finish out the school year. You really don’t want to do it. 

Graduate Blowing On Confetti
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus

You don’t want to do anything by the time finals come around. But when finals do come around, you gotta buckle down and get it done. Like my dad says, quitters never win. And he’s right. And I’m not going to be a quitter. I got to get to that finish line. This year has been a real b*tch for me. It’s only the first quarter and I’ve lost already lost an uncle, and my grandma is sick. I’ve just got that senioritis bad. It’s only been about a month of school. It’s not even the first quarter. We’re only into midterms. Not even finals. It’s been a rough quarter. I’ve got that senioritis really bad. I’ve got to buckle down. But if I’ve already got it now, well then let’s just see what the rest of the school years got in store for me. 

We’ve got only three-quarters left. It’s not like we’re at the very end and have given up all hope. But it is very difficult when it is hard to focus when there are so many activities going on on campus or other things you’d rather be doing with your friends or just be home with your family. I have to buckle down a little bit to focus and get those good grades and get sh*t done. It’s time to graduate and get the h*ll out of Ellensburg. Don’t get me wrong I’ve grown to love Ellensburg, but I feel like it’s time to go home to where my family and my friends are closer to me. I’ll miss being on my own, but it gave me a feel of what it’s like, and then I’ll soon be on my own again with my best friend.

But come June, goodbye Senior year and senioritis and goodbye Ellensburg!

Hi! I'm Emily, I'm a senior at Central Washington University, majoring in Communications, and minoring in Advertising.