Road Trip Must-Haves for Hot Girl Spring and Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

A couple of weeks ago, I rewarded myself with a new car and it is one that I am immensely gracious to have because of its capability to travel all over the pacific northwest. Now that I am able to, I plan to take multiple adventures during the spring and summer seasons of this year. In planning these adventures, I realized that many details go into the perfect road trip. The following is a list of essentials if you are also interested in road-tripping anytime soon, solo or with a group.

A Worthy Playlist
friends road trip california fall break windows down music
Molly Peach / Her Campus

Having good music can make or break a car ride. After considering what goes into creating playlists that are worthy enough for road trips, I have gathered that the perfect playlist consists of a balance. There should be a good mix of old bops, sad bops, new radio tunes, and even some Tik Tok songs to dance to – safely, of course!

Snacks and Drinks

You’re going to get hungry or thirsty on your journey, so it is important to have yummy snacks and refreshments. Helpful tip: choose items that are non-spillable to prevent messes or driver distraction.

Time to Spare
woman meditating on mountain
Photo by Daniel Mingook Kim from Unsplash

It is best to take a road trip with enough time to explore along the way. Going somewhere with multiple stops along the way? Make them destinations, that will make it all the more fun! Better yet, bring a camera to document your adventures at each stop.

Other Necessities

The first priority should be the safety of whoever is road tripping. Packing a kit of necessary first aid items, technology accessories, and cozy blankets/pillows is essential to a functional road trip. By bringing these necessary items, you’re prepared for any situation that you come across. 

Enjoy this article? Follow us on Instagram @hercampuscwu for updates on all future articles and posts.                                                                                                                                                                                        

Communication + Advertising Pisces