This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

*Disclaimer: This article contains no spoilers! Everything mentioned can be seen in the trailer*

The movie Red Notice recently dropped on Netflix AND in theaters as of November 2021, and has been creating a lot of buzz because of its star-studded cast! Not only are Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Ryan Reynolds the stars of this movie, but Gal Gadot is our third leading woman, making this trio cast almost unbeatable. But was it a good movie? Should you go to the theaters and see it, or save the trip and watch from the comfort of your couch?

The short answer: It blew my expectations out of the water, but you don’t need to go to the theaters for the full experience. 

When I saw the trailer for this movie, I just thought this was your every other cliche action movie. I knew who the bad guys were, I knew about The Rock’s redemption arc, I knew what was going to happen… or so I thought. The trailer did a PHENOMENAL job at keeping the majority of the second half of the movie a secret! I feel like trailers these days expose way too much of the movie, so much so that many of my friends avoid trailers to keep most of the movie a surprise. 

But me? I’m impatient. So again, I watched the trailer, thinking I knew everything that was going to happen.

Until the huge twist.

It came out of NOWHERE! Everyone I’ve talked to was surprised by it, so if you’re reading this now, I URGE you to check the movie out, and see if you can predict it before it comes. It was amazing- it caught everyone off guard and leveled up the whole movie. But this wasn’t an experience that was minimized by watching it on a flat-screen TV, it totally worked. I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything by watching it without surround sound- if anything I feel like I had a better experience because I got to pause whenever I wanted to, I peed without missing a moment and saved $13. What. A. Steal.

So should you watch Red Notice this weekend? Yes. Especially around the holidays, I feel like we all could use something to turn our brains off for a few hours and relax. So kick back on the couch, snuggle up with your favorite person or blanket and enjoy the show.

Gracen is currently a senior at CWU studying Film Production. Some of her interests include photography, making art, watching movies, and listening to music. This is her fourth year writing for Her Campus.