Reasons Why it is Better to Be Single During Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

So many people get caught up in the idea of needing a summer fling when really it is way better to be single for the next three months ( we will tell you why). Having a SO over summer is so hyped and everyone feels the need to join the fun, but there are so many reasons that it is better to ditch the boy and live it up being single!

Friends First

You don’t need a significant other to have lasting summer memories. Summer breaks are one of the few times you and all of your friends will be in the same place, so it is way better to make them your designated adventure buddies!

Long Distance, What’s That?

Being single over summer means you won’t have to deal with anything long distance (because it truly is the worst).  Distance is never easy and honestly really stressful. Summer is supposed to be the time when you can relax and have no worries, and the last thing you want is to have to stress over someone 4,000 miles away. (Your phone bill will also thank you).

Say Goodbye to Drama

Being single over summer will save you from all of the annoying texts that don’t make sense, petty fights, or that girl that likes all of his Instagram posts.  Ditch the guy and hang with your girls and avoid the drama altogether.

Focus on YOU

When you are single during summer you have so much freedom to learn about yourself and grow as a person.  You will have the freedom to do whatever you want (or don’t want, Game of Thrones marathon anyone?) Don’t let the idea of not having a SO bring you down and focus on becoming the best version of yourself, making all of the memories and making summer 2018 one for the books!

Give yourself a break from watching The Notebook on repeat because (as much as we don’t want to admit it) their summer romance is way out of our leagues. Boys usually cause more problems than they solve and you deserve a summer free of testosterone that won’t weigh (the queen that you are) down!

HCXO

Her Campus CWU President, Editor-in-chief, and Writer Senior at Central Washington University Major: Social Services Minor: Communications