This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

In 2017 it hard to find common ground with people sometimes…ever. From politics to environmental perspectives, it seems that the human race is more divided than ever. But there is one thing we can all agree on here at Central Washington University; CWU PARKING SUCKS.

Throughout my 4 years at CWU I have circled countless parking lots, followed people to their cars, and even skipped class because I could not find parking on campus. If CWU was on a “first come, first serve” basis for parking, I would imagine that it would be a little easier to understand why parking is always so jammed, because there is over 10,000 students that attend the university. But no, they sell passes for over $200 per academic year (like I don’t already have enough expenses trying to pay for tuition, fees, etc.) and we STILL do not have guaranteed parking.

The odds that you can find a parking spot in the SURC between 9 AM and 2 PM on a weekday are less than Lulu Lemon having a 75% end-of-season sale; Even though we would all love it, it’s never going to happen.

If you were trying to make a healthy choice and go to the gym, better luck next time because you will have to do 10 laps around the parking lot before you even step foot on a treadmill. And when you finally get so fed up that you say, “Forget it, I’m going to 30-minute parking”, you can always expect to come back with an obnoxious yellow ticket on your windshield. You’re better off running to the gym and back home, you’ll save time and frustration. 

I don’t know if it’s just me, but a parking garage sounds like a great solution for the overflow of cars on campus with CWU’s biggest freshman class in history.

So CWU Parking Services, we as students are uniting, and would strongly appreciate that you put some real thought into expanding the parking options at CWU or at least sell a reasonable amount of passes that not selling so many passes that even if you do cough up the money to buy an (overpriced) parking pass, we can at least find a spot before our 10 AM begins.

Sincerely, 

The entire CWU student population