Rachel Lindsay: The New Bachelorette Queen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Rachel Lindsay is a 32 year-old civil defense litigation lawyer, who loves playing basketball and listening to Michael Jackson, but is now the first African American Bachelorette.  There has been 33 seasons of “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” and never once has their been an African American lead. The mature beauty is also the oldest bachelorette lead they have had on the show.  Rachel Lindsay is very inspiring to the African American community, and  woman everywhere.  

Rachel will be representing black women in a positive way, while all of America is watching. Rachel has made a great name for herself, and it is humbling to her to be able to be making history. Many people are going to have an opinion on Rachel, whether that is good or bad. Civil rights issues have been played a large role in our society, and something as simple as a popular television show, can spark some of these issues.  Empowering black woman is what our society needs to see, and what we need to look up to! 

Rachel definitely does not want America to focus on the fact that she is black, but to focus on who she is, and what she brings to the table. The Bachelorette is meant for people to fall in love, and find the right person for them. Rachel values love and is so excited for her journey on the love train.

If you watched Nick Viall’s season you would know that Rachel goes all in, in everything she does.  She is charming, and the sweetest woman. Her heart was completely broken by Nick on the most recent season, and it was easy to see it will be a difficult recovery. Luckily, she gets a chance to meet 31 new men, that are here to win her heart. Make sure watch this season, besides the beautiful bachelorette, the contestents are sure to bring some interesting entertainment as well!

Central Washington University | Junior | Marketing Management Major with a minor in Sports Business