My Top Outfits from the 2023 Golden Globes Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Okay, let’s be honest, one of the only reasons I (and a lot of other people it seems like) watch award shows anymore is for the outfits worn on the red carpet. There are always some fabulous get-ups and some less-than-honorable ones. So, here are my favorite looks from this year’s 2023 Golden Globes!

Jenna Ortega in Gucci

@jennaortega Instagram post for the 2023 Golden Globes

It goes without saying that Jenna is a stunning woman, however, I was absolutely blown away by this look. The cross-draped sections of the dress fit her beautifully and you can tell from her Instagram that she truly loved what she was wearing. The peach-colored fabric compliments her so well, as well as her long fringed bob. Her makeup is absolutely stunning, the smokey winged-out eyeshadow helps bring definition to her eyes without taking away from her gorgeous dress.

Aside from her look, Jenna was nominated for Best Actress in a Musical or TV Series for her role as Wednesday in Wednesday on Netflix.

Selena Gomez in De Beers jewelry

@goldengobes Selena Gomez and her Plus One (her little Sister) on the Red Carpet

I remember seeing her outfit on Instagram for the first time and I think I audibly gasped. Selena Gomez looked absolutely stunning in this De Beers Jewelry Dress. The puff sleeves look so good with the satin black gown. The internet did notice a trend in this year’s looks, noting that most of the women were not wearing a necklace. I noticed that Selena was not wearing one and I’m here for it. She looks so elegant and happy in all of the photos from the event, after being so open after these past years about her diagnosis with Lupis and how she lives with it, it’s inspiring to see her look so truly content.

Selena was nominated for Best Actress in a Musical or TV Series for her role in Mabel on Only Murders in the Building.

Margot Robbie in Chanel

@goldenglobes Margot Robbie and Ana De Armas on the Red Carpet

Ladies and Gentlemen, an ICON. I literally had to look up how old this woman was cause I swear to god the woman does not age. Margot looked drop-dead GORGEOUS in this pink Chanel tulle dress. The halter top portion is formed perfectly and the 20’s flapper style pattern of the fabric is to die for. I usually am slightly suspicious of bright pink dresses like this, I find that they often scream 2000s prom, but I thought this dress worked so well for her.

Margot Robbie was nominated for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Motion Picture.

Ana De Armas in Louis Vuitton

@ana_de_armas Instagram Post for the Golden Globes 2023

There are very few gowns I see on the red carpet that make me want to track them down and purchase them for myself, however, there’s no question, I would sell my soul to wear this stunning Louis Vuitton dress. The simplicity of her entire look is effortlessly beautiful, from her makeup to her hair. She doesn’t let the dress wear her, instead, she makes the entire look her own, and it’s so beautiful. I’m also in love with the clutch that was paired with her gown. From her head to her toes, she owned that red carpet.

Ana De Armas was nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama for her role as Marilyn Monroe in Blonde on Netflix.

Lily James in Atelier Versace

@lilyjamesoffical Instagram post, Golden Globes 2023

I don’t know what it is about princess ballgowns, but they just scratch an itch in my brain. This Versace poofy red ballgown looks stunning on Lily, along with her dark brown bob. I really liked how the top was wrapped, I thought it looked sick while still exuding elegance. A rare exception to the necklace theme this year, she wore a pearl necklace and kept her makeup very simple. I thought it looked very Marilyn Monroe (sorry Ana). Honestly, Lily James could wear a trash bag on the red carpet and I’d still be swooning.

Lily was nominated for Best Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture.

Andrew Garfield in Zenga

@goldenglobes Andrew Garfield and Austin Butler on the Golden Globes Red Carpet

I sincerely apologize to my significant other, but something about all the Spiderman men (minus Toby, sorry man) will always make my heart skip a beat. Andrew looks insanely good in this orange suit on the red carpet. I like the rebellion from the usual black tie-black suit pattern that so many men in Hollywood fall into. I really appreciate Andrew Garfield’s looks on the red carpet,

Andrew is nominated for Best Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or TV Film for his role in the FX on Hulu series as Detective Jeb Pyre in Under the Banner of Heaven.

My Thoughts

Honestly, I think everyone killed it this year I honestly think this is the first red carpet in a while where I didn’t hate anything I saw. I could have named so many more celebrities, but my list would be far too long. 10/10.

Would recommend looking at the iconic moments and memes that came from this year’s awards (cough, cough, Millie is adorable, IYKYK).

Hi there! My name is Anna and this is my first year on the CWU Her Campus team! I am extremely interested in all things social media, theater/broadway, and criminal law! I'm from the beautiful Tri-Cities, Washington, and have 3 dogs back at home (I know, I'm a dog mom which automatically makes me THAT cool). I've always had a passion for all things theater and entertainment. I also dance here at Central for a dance company, so you might just catch me in a few productions! I'm so excited to take you along with me on my journey through college as I attempt to navigate this big ol' scary world! So excited to see what Her Campus has to offer, and I hope you enjoy my work!