This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

My family loves taking trips to our vacation home in a little town outside Coeur d’Alene called Wallace, Idaho. The landscapes are utterly breathtaking, with the city sitting in the middle of hills covered in evergreens and snow in the winter. One of my favorite things to do there is to sit in this little coffee shop/bookstore with an iced latte and search for my next book to read. This would be great, except, there’s one small problem: I never finish any of the books I get there.

I’ve realized this more recently with the Hunger Games being put on Netflix for a limited time. I binged watched them within two nights and realized how much I adored the books when I was little. In fact, I used to read a lot of books for the pleasure of it when I was in elementary and middle school. Contrastingly, in my adulthood, I cannot remember the last book I read by my own will. In an attempt to change bad habits, I would love to read the 4th book of the series, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, especially knowing that they are releasing a movie in the upcoming year.

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes Teaser Trailer: Lionsgate Films

This conundrum of mine is honestly very sad to me. The idea of curling up with a good book and reading for hours makes me so happy. However, I either never think of it when I do have the time or I’m out doing other things (probably scrolling through tik tok honestly). The point is, something needs to change.

I’m making it a personal goal of mine to read The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by this summer. I know this feat may seem small to some, but if I can actually accomplish this, I think I can restart my love for reading again. I need to make a book list of things I need to read, maybe having a designated checklist will help me.

Nevertheless, here’s to hoping I can achieve my goal!

Hi there! My name is Anna and this is my first year on the CWU Her Campus team! I am extremely interested in all things social media, theater/broadway, and criminal law! I'm from the beautiful Tri-Cities, Washington, and have 3 dogs back at home (I know, I'm a dog mom which automatically makes me THAT cool). I've always had a passion for all things theater and entertainment. I also dance here at Central for a dance company, so you might just catch me in a few productions! I'm so excited to take you along with me on my journey through college as I attempt to navigate this big ol' scary world! So excited to see what Her Campus has to offer, and I hope you enjoy my work!