This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Washington is filled with adventures waiting to unfold. Our beautiful Evergreen State is filled with so many different scenic trails to enjoy! Here are some of my favorite nearby hikes you won’t want to miss out on!

A woman with a red/brownish backpack is standing on a pathway on a cliff. She is facing the sides of two mountains.
Photo by Jason Blackeye from Unsplash

Colchulk Lake Trail

This trail is around 8.5 miles out and back and it is a very challenging hike, but the end makes it so worth it! It has the most beautiful Alpines I have ever seen!

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail

This hike is a 5.3-mile hike that is usually really busy moderate/difficult with an impressive view from the ledge! There is also a lot of nearby trails!

Little Si

Little Si is near the Rattlesnake Ledge Trailhead and it is 7.5. miles. This hike will give you a stunning view of Rainier and it is very rocky but fun!

Snoqualmie Falls

This is a 0.7-mile hike! It is a short family-friendly easy hike with nearby restrooms and a gift shop!  

roadtrip map
Photo by Tabea Damm from Unsplash

All of these hikes require appropriate shoes, water, and sunscreen. Make sure to check them out! I haven’t gone on many hikes yet this season, but these are some of the ones I have enjoyed in the past with my family and friends. I hope you enjoy these hikes as much as I did!

HC XOXO

CWU 23'