This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

As we are getting into the warmer weather, longer days, and happier environments you can clearly see the mood change in people all around you. The seasonal depression time frame is hard on everyone in many different ways but it is extremely hard on those that end up being trapped at home, those that only go to school, work, and then back home. When you’re in that state where there isn’t really anything to do besides being inside with little to no sunlight it is really hard to get that gray cloud out of your head. 

Once you get to that time where the weather starts to get nicer, it isn’t as cloudy and gloomy and you’re finally getting that much-needed Vitamin D directly from the sun the mood changes are quite clear. Everyone is starting to be outside more, there are more things for you to be able to do and you’re getting that excitement back into your head and body about summer. 

For me personally, there was a very clear change in not only my mental health but my physical health. I started to get more energy, I am getting out of that mental funk of feeling stuck, and truly most of that all started with just the first few days of sunlight coming through the clouds. 

This middle period is still hard for everyone since there still are days where the temperature drops, it gets cloudy, etc. but you really just need to keep reminding yourself that there is not much more waiting that needs to be done. Soon enough it will be warm, the color in your skin will come back and your overall mood will improve! 

Henley is a freshman at Central Washington University and is trying to find her passion. As a freshman, she is still looking into what career path she is interested in. Some of her interests include going to the gym, watching movies, cooking/baking, and just hanging out with friends!