This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

As a woman, the subject of facial hair is a pretty taboo one. But with my eastern European roots, facial hair is something that I’ve dealt with since puberty hit me like a brick wall. And I’m here to tell you, facial hair on women is NORMAL. And it’s even more normal to want to get rid of it somehow. The few stray thick, dark hairs on my face and neck have been my enemy since middle school, and I’ve tried many different ways to try and get rid of it. My premier choice of removal is shaving. It’s convenient, fast, and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg at a salon. I’ve used single razors, regular razor for body hair, and even an electric razor and I’ve settled on an electric razor specifically made for body hair by panasonic. It’s a little bit of an investment, but compared to how much it costs to get waxed every few weeks, it’s worth it.

I usually shave right after I shower, but before skincare, so the hairs on my face are softened and easy to shave. This helps prevent ingrown hairs, as well. I try to stay with the grain, but if there’s a few stray hairs that don’t want to cooperate, then I go against the grain. Shaving your face actually helps with exfoliation, so it’s basically a win-win situation.

With all this being said, if you are fine with facial hair, then go ahead and rock it! I just don’t enjoy having dark hairs on my face and neck, but that doesn’t mean you have to shave yours too.

Like this feature? Be sure and check out our other articles this week!

HCXO

Self-love advocate and intersectional feminist with a passion for music, photography, and writing (she/her)