This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

In today’s world, it’s not uncommon for people to have a daily skincare routine to keep their skin looking fresh and acne-free. But having a routine doesn’t always mean it will make your acne clear or make your skin feel the way you want it to! Sometimes you have really sensitive skin and the trial-and-error method doesn’t work as well. In high school, after trying numeous skincare routines, I got Curology because of a bunch of acne scars and reoccurring breakouts and I wanted to share my experience to give people some insight.

Everyone’s probably seen the ads on Instagram for Curology, which is how I first found and caught interest in it. Signing up is easy, they walk you through a skin survey to determine what products will work best and they also ask about your birth control and any other medications that you take.

You get a skincare provider who gives personalized skincare products which contains a label with all of the active and inactive ingredients, just so you know what you’re slapping on your face. I was given a face wash, the prescription, and a moisturizer. I was told I should wash my face every morning and night but only put the actual formula on at night and then moisturize.

I used the products for 4-5 months and my skin saw a massive improvement! The texture of my skin was better and more even, my acne was controlled, and my scars/dark spots were going away. The only downside of it was the cost, for the prescription, cleanser, and moisturizer it ships every 2 months and is $59.90 and for a college girl who isn’t working, I can’t pay that, which was the reason I had to quit my prescription. 

So if you have problem skin and are better at saving money or have a job, this is a great way to get the skin you want without all the hassle of having to trial and error multiple products.

Her Campus CWU Writer Current student at Central Washington University Major: Dietetics I like to hike, paddleboard, and to be outside.