jenna ortega as wednesday
jenna ortega as wednesday
Netflix
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Well. Wednesday finally came out this November 2022. If you haven’t seen it, there’s going to be some spoilers in here, I highly suggest you stay away from reading this article. It’s a very gothic version about Wednesday from the Addams family. But it is very delightful.

Wednesday is forced to go to the school where her mother and father met. She doesn’t like it at first. She doesn’t know how to feel about it. She really doesn’t. I was a little bit hesitant about watching it because I watched The Addams Family TV series growing up. The show ended up being great and had a few unexpected twists and turns. I also loved that Wednesday’s teacher played Wednesday when she was younger. It was interesting to see Wednesday’s character development throughout the first season. I also liked when Uncle Fester showed up for a couple of episodes towards the end of the season.” My friend Shawna gave me a review of it for me.

Jenna Ortega did a fantastic job of playing Wednesday. She really captured the gothic image that Tim Burton wanted to create of the Addams Family. All the characters in the show are really seen as dark because of the school she went to called Nevermore. If you’re ever in need of a binge show to watch, I really suggest starting Wednesday. They just got renewed for a second season on Netflix.

jenna ortega as wednesday
Netflix

“Wednesday was dark and gothic.” Just like Tim Burton’s movies what else are you going to expect from him? Wednesday had some twists in her love interests. It was very interesting to watch. From one being you think was the bad guy to it being a plot twist for him not being the bad guy. What’s going to happen next? It’s so exciting to see how Wednesday and Morticia’s relationship will blossom in the next season and if Uncle Fester will come back. Overall season one was amazing. Five stars out of five.”

My friend Robbie had this to say: “Wednesday is a fun departure from the typical “let’s remake The Addams Family” mode that creators often find themselves in. Its approach is novel, and Jenna Ortega is a breath of fresh air in the role. I recommend bingeing all episodes over a cold rainy weekend, a fun watch for all.”

Hi! I'm Emily, I'm a senior at Central Washington University, majoring in Communications, and minoring in Advertising.