This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Today all we hear about are VSCO girls with Hydroflasks, Soft girls with blush, E- girls eye rolling and Cherry twitter girls with their lip gloss. Now you may be wondering how these 4 have anything in common but here’s *tap tap* the motha-freakin *tap tap* TEA. VSCO girls, soft girls, E-girls and Cherry Twitter girls all belong to the same family. In fact, they’re all sisters and we are here’s to tell you why! ( We even break it down into a list of the top traits, to help with easier spotting).

Okay, stay with me for a second we’ll start with the youngest in the family; the E-girls. These girls are most likely middle schoolers to freshman in high school and are finally experiencing their emo phase for the first time. However, unlike most of us they don’t get to go through their emo phase through Tumblr. They experience their emo phase on Tik Tok where two of their older sisters also reside. All they wanna do is listen to Stupid by Ashnikko featuring Yung Baby Tate and make Tik Toks lip-syncing to it, or pretending to choke someone. Eye rolls, iced out necks, and hearts drawn under the eye with eyeliner are the easiest way to spot these girls. As the younger sister they are one of the easiest to make fun of but don’t test them they may be too short to reach your throat in real life but they’ll make you catch a case.

E-girls (Matte makeup with heart under the eyes)

~Chains

~Eye rolls

~Black and white striped shirts

~Skater skirts

~Platform boots

~Clown makeup

~Cosplay

Next, are the fraternal twins of Tik Tok, high school sisters who go by Sksksksk and UwU. Just kidding they are VSCO girls and Soft girls. These two have so much overlap it’s hard to distinguish them from each other on paper but in person just like real fraternal twins they are incredibly different. Let’s start with the oldest of the twins (by a minute and a half) the VSCO girl. She’s obviously the golden child because as soon as she turned 16 she got a white Jeep Wrangler while her twin the soft girl got a 2012 yellow slug bug. Not only does the VSCO girl have the nicest car in the family but she also always gets Sephora and Ulta gift cards for her birthday furthering her Mario Badescu and Burt’s Bees addiction. The VSCO girl doesn’t get any hand me downs from her family and her closet is filled with thrifted oversized t-shirts and distressed clothing from Urban Outfitters or Brandy Melville. She may not seem opinionated but if she sees you using a plastic straw or water bottle, run because she’s throwing her Berks, her Crocs, her Kanken, reusable straws and Hydroflask in order to save the turtles. 

VSCO Girls (Minimal makeup) Hannah Meloche

~Scrunchies

~Hydroflasks

~Reusable straws

~Oversized tees

~Puka necklaces

~White Jeeps

~Friendship bracelets

Meanwhile, her sister the soft girl will be sitting in her room making sure the blush to highlight ratio on her nose is right. If she doesn’t look like she’s sick but still adorable, it’s off. Soft girls are sweet and soft-spoken, they just want to wear the cute flowy lace outfits that they found when their VSCO sister forced them to go thrifting. A staple in the soft girl look is their hair clips whether they are just vastly oversized or the cute little butterfly ones will depend on their mood. These girls can often be found in their room listening to Troye Sivan, Melanie Martinez or Cavetown while crying or scrunching their noses. One sure-fire way to annoy a soft girl, however, is to confuse her with her sister. If this happens, expect several stuffed animals to be hurled at you with deadly accuracy.

Soft Girls (Glowy makeup) Braylin Bako/Michelle Wozniak/ Addyuredaddy

~Blush (over the nose)

~Lots of highlighter

~Stuffed animals

~Butterfly clips

~”watches” anime

~faux freckles

~Pastels

~Nose scrunches

The last sister in the family is the Cherry Twitter girl she is the oldest, and dare I say, boldest in the family as they are the sorority girls who are in dire need of a sugar daddy. The ladies love their red lipstick covered in a thick layer of lip gloss and smoking cigarettes. If they could see one person in concert it would be their skinny legend Lana Del Ray and their dream is to share a cigarette with her over some pricey champagne that they didn’t pay for.

Cherry Twitter Girls (Glossy makeup)

~Aesthetic twitter girls

~Red and Black theme

The internet has a mind of its own, and it’s already starting its own generation and family tree, if you are or know anyone who fits this fam description, rock your look, and don’t miss out on the next family reunion!

Her Campus CWU Writer Current Junior at Central Washington University Majoring in Liberal Studies with a Business minor A yellow enthusiast through and through