I Tried Neutrogena Hydro Boost: Here’s the Verdict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

I decided to try out the new Neutrogena Hydro Boost, and let me tell you I was not disappointed. Everybody has their favorite mousturizer and it takes a lot of effort to try and find one that just right for your skin. There are certain moisturizers that I have used, as a woman with oily/combination skin, and sometimes there is just WAY too much hydration or residue left on your skin after applying, or sometimes it not even close to enough coverage. So, I decided to give this a try and see how I felt about this product! Here are the 3 main things I would take away from this product:

Great finish

This product is a thin, smooth cream that glides over your skin effortlessly. Some moisturizers can get tacky after applying, but not this one! If you are the type of person who just uses your moisturizer as a primer, then this is the product for you because it leaves a great finish on your skin after letting it dry on your skin. Because of the thin finish, you are able to add all of your normal makeup on top without any weird texture on your skin. 

Hydration is there

Not only is this product light and airy, but it does a fabulous job of getting and keeping your skin hydrated all day long. It makes my skin feel bouncy, clean and fully hydrated. Personally, I noticed that this product works amazing on oily skin types, just like it does for dry skin. It doesn’t “over-hydrate” your skin, so there is no layer of product, even if you have oily skin. 

Not a bad smell

I’m sure each and every one of you have gone and purchased a new popular moisturizer and brought it home and realize it smells like a bottle of perfume. With Neutrogena Hydro Boost, there is no unpleasant scent left on your skin to smell throughout the day. It is a light clean smell that just makes you feel fresh and ready for anything the day brings you. 

Well I hope I persuaded you into at least checking out this product at the store next time you go! Hey HC Chapters, do any of your members use this product? Leave us a comment below with their opinions and reviews!