Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Travel Inexpensively in Your Twenties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Your twenties are the best time to travel the world! You are less settled down and have more flexibility in your schedule with a passion to see the world you live in. Here are five steps to reduce the cost of your future adventures around the globe.

• Study Abroad

Studding abroad is a perfect way to get the opportunity to go to a new place and witness the culture of these people first hand. Studding abroad a better way to budget because it goes through school programs with connections to those places as well as supplying you with a plethora of fundraising options. There are also certain scholarships given out to students who are studying abroad. You can also earn college credit while away! What better way to earn credits than exploring our beautiful Earth first hand!

• Work Abroad

It is becoming more common to work abroad due to modern day technology. A lot of businesses now have work abroad programs you can go through which also cuts the price down because most programs offer housing and food in exchange for labor. The labor isn’t necessarily arduous. It can be small tasks like making beds. It’s important to be careful with this one that you aren’t being scammed. Workaway.info is a trusted website because requires background checks of both the host and guest.

• Stay in Hostels

Hotels are expensive and are all the imenities are unnecessary most of the time. Stay in a Hostel instead. Hostels are 10+ person dorms. Who spends time in their hotel when out traveling anyways?! Hostels are a great way to stay in a great location and meet fellow travelers with the same passion to see the world like you!

• Specials Rates for Students

If you are a student under the age of 25 you most likely qualify for youth rate travel discounts. You can get student discounts on train and public transportation abroad as well as student discounts when booking airline flights.

• Volunteer Work

There are endless volunteer organizations that travel abroad. This is a wonderful way to see the world while doing some good in it. These organizations usually offer a lot of fundraising for these trips. If you are a college student, you can also earn college credit and volunteer hours through these programs! GIVE is one example of a non-profit program you could get involved with. They travel all over the world for little money out of your pocket if you participate in the funding activities. This program, like many others travels to places like Laos, Central America, Africa and Thailand.

Happy Traveling! I hope you all enjoy your astonishing getaways without breaking the bank!