This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

source

Going on a road trip always sounds like a great idea.  Going on an adventure with your girlfriends to somewhere new, or your favorite place ever. But let’s be real if the trip is longer than 2 hours you are going to start dreading your choices of cramming five girls into your two door car halfway through.  We have all been there, so here are a few ways to help make those 6+ hours fly by.

Be prepared with snacks

It’s never fun to stop in random, unknown city at a sketchy gas station or try and find a decent grocery store with you are starving 3 hours in to the trip.  Be prepared before and have everyone bring their own favorite snack and then everyone can share! This way there is a variety and you won’t have to waste precious time wondering the aisles to the 7-11.

Mix up the music

Throwbacks are always a good go to, but you can only listen to Soulja Boy and 2005 Rihanna before you start to go crazy.  After you have had your jam sesh to baby Bieber try throwing on a podcast.  This may seem weird, but trust me, they will make the time fly by and I can grantee that you will learn something too! Check out our favorites here!

Plan your stops

We all have that one friend that cannot make a quick decision (I am that friend tbh) so before you leave on your trip plan out all of the stops you are going to make.  This can be where you want to eat, or every place you are going to need to gas up.  Doing this it will help not only your sanity, but it will prevent adding those extra minutes to your already long trip.

Everyone has a “Job”

When my friends and I go on super long road trips we have found this to be SUPER helpful.  How it works is everyone in the car has a role.  The driver of course drives, the passenger is designated DJ and they have to stay awake to keep the driver company. The people in the back are allowed to sleep when they need it but then they are the next driver or passenger.  Also if you are in one of the back seats it’s your job to pick games to play and distribute snacks!

The most important thing when it comes to road trips is to have fun! Nothing is better than making memories with your besties! Let us know what you do to pass the time on your crazy long trips in the comments below

HCXO

Her Campus CWU President, Editor-in-chief, and Writer Senior at Central Washington University Major: Social Services Minor: Communications