How To: Pack For Your Fall Weekender

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Traveling for only two to three days never seems like a long enough vacation. However, when it comes to packing, a Weekender feels like you have to pack for more than the 2 days you’ll actually be away. It’s hard to decide what outfit to bring with what shoes and what accessories. We never want to miss that one chance, to wear that one outfit, for that one perfect occasion! Here’s a couple of tips for the when a Autumn Weekender falls in your lap.

1. Beauty Essentials

First off you need your essentials! so you’re day to day makeup, essential hair products and hot tools. (curler, flat iron, hairspray, etc.) and last but not least, toiletries. Everytime you think you shouldn’t pack a razor you’re wrong. Throw it in anyway. 

2. Start With Bottoms!

Because its fall depending on where you are traveling its safe to cross those booty shorts off your packing list. Make sure you pack your favorite pair of jeans with one pair of leggings because they’re easy to dress up or down. If you are a workout queen make sure to include your favorite pair of workout pants.

3. Now For Tops

We need to make sure to pack 2 basic everyday t-shirts, along with 2 tanks that you can either layer, or wear for a night out. Tanks are great becuase you can layer with a jacket or cardigan to keep you cozy but wont ruin your look if the weather warms up.

4. Layer, Layers, Layerd

Speaking of layering! Remember to be practical with you jackets. We definitely need to include them in our packing to complete our look, but we also know jackets take up space so we need to choose wisely. Think of a leather jacket to complete your going out look or even if you want to add a little sass to your street walker chic. You also need a sweatshirt, because there is nothing wrong with being lazy on a vacation. Plus to save more room your sweatshirt will be your traveling attire.

5. Dress Up

If your trip requires a night out, a dress is a necessity, remember you don’t need 3 or 4. Pack your favorite dress for going out that you know you can’t leave behind. Save space and pick only one. Pro Tip: You can never go wrong with a classic Little Black Dress for any occasion. 

6. Shoes 

Now comes the hardest part…. Your shoes. It’s hard to not bring every pair of shoes you own. Its fall so we definitely need to pack our favorite pair of booties. The beauty of booties is that  they kill two birds with one stone, dressed up ro dressed down. They should go with our day-to-day outfit, but also be useful for your night out. The only other shoes you really need is a pair of tennis shoes. These are versitile so you can workout in them, travel, and dress them to go with a cute outfit for the day. 

7. Accessories

Some people don’t need to bring any at all but if you are like me, you will want to glam up your outfit each day with a little silver or gold. Bring one necklace that you can wear throughout your day and another for going out. Wear earrings that can go with every outfit so you have one last thing to worry about. Lastly bring some rings and bracelets to spice up your look! Pro Tip: Put each piece of jewlery in an individual baggy so they don’t get tangled during travel!

No matter if you are traveling with your girlfriends, significant other, or even by yourself your outfits will not differ greatly. Packing for fall is simple as long as you cut down your items by packing with outfits for each occasion. 

A Juinor at Central Washington University pursing a double major in Business Adminstration with a specialization in Finance and Mangerial Economics. 
President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!