burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The holidays are among us, which means there are plenty of events going on, all of which require an outfit. I feel like I see the same type of outfits every year for the holidays (I’m looking at you, sequin dresses), and thought I’d share my outfit inspo for this season. I think the trend of patterned pants and a sort of “soft edgy” style is the perfect style to ring in 2020.

This outfit just screams “Christmas” to me. The red and white stripes are very reminiscent of a candy cane, so it’s pretty much perfect. The striped pants and overcoat paired with a crop top gives off a put-together yet relaxed vibe that I like and would be perfect for a Christmas party.

I love this outfit for Christmas because it will (hopefully) be considered “appropriate” by your judgemental relatives. This outfit would also be cute and perhaps a little more “Christmas-y” with a red bootie. I also love the turtleneck; I’ve been very into them lately. This outfit would also be cute for a New Year’s Eve party.

Honestly, I love everything about this outfit. Maybe it doesn’t scream “holidays” to some, but in my opinion, it’s a great “non-traditional” outfit for the holidays. The skirt is plaid, so the outfit has some sort of holiday clout, right? I think this is a great outfit for any time, but the incorporation of the plaid skirt really sells the “holiday appeal” of the outfit for me.

Lastly, this amazing outfit. I think of this as more of a New Year’s Eve outfit. I just love everything about this outfit, the belt/pants/shoe combo looks amazing, and I’m now going to hunt these pants down.

I love all four of these outfits. If not inspo for holiday-specific outfits, I hope you found some inspiration for day-to-day outfits!  

Thanks for reading!

HCXO

Abby Duchow is a Wenatchee Valley College alum and current student studying Public Relations at Central Washington University. She enjoys listening to podcasts, online shopping, and petting cats. Abby almost entirely operates on caffeine, and hopes to one day expand her plant collection beyond just replacing the dead ones.