Heading to Coachella? Here’s Some Necessities You Hella Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Myself and my boyfriend, along with 10 of our friends, are headed down to the land of sun and palm trees for weekend two of Coachella! This isn’t my first rodeo as far as music festivals go. I’ve learned some veteran hacks along the way. I’ve also learned that specific necessities can vary from music fest to music fest. As a Coachella first timer, I want to be fully prepared.  In the spirit of music festival season, I’m dedicating this week’s feature to some must haves I’ll be bringing along with me to Coachella.

Ear Plugs

A must have at all music festivals, in my opinion. 6 plus hours of live music for 3 days is not easy on your eardrums. Thankfully, there are some top of the line earplugs out there that protect your hearing without hindering your live music experience. NPR posted an awesome breakdown of some of the top of the line earplugs at decent prices. 

Empty Water Bottle

Because of hydration, duh. Most festivals have hydration stations scattered around the grounds. There’s almost always a line but WELL worth it. As long as your water bottle is empty, you can bring it in with you. I go through at least 3 32oz. water bottles a day at festivals. I feel so hydrated and trust me, your body will thank you for the next day. Especially in 80+ degree weather.

Comfy Shoes

We don’t have time for blisters when there is live music to see. I’ve never actually tracked my steps or distance while at festivals, but I know it has to be close to at least 4 miles a day. Needless to say, comfy shoes are a huge must. For Coachella, I bought a cute cheap pair of sneakers for $19. Can’t go wrong with cute AND comfort. Plus I didn’t spend a fortune or won’t ruin a good pair of shoes.

Dust Mask

To be completely honest, I thought these were strictly a fashion trend until recently. Dust and allergies are a major nuisance on the polo fields. So all those masks you see festival goers wearing? Well yeah, consider them smart and fashionable. They were shielding themselves from being miserable. Fashion trend meets allergy protector. 

Coachella

Senior at Central Washington Univ. majoring in Psychology. Trying to spread kindness and joy in everything I do.