Style > Beauty

HCCWU Editor’s Picks: My Top Five Hair Product Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

It’s been a fat minute since the last time I wrote about life-changing hair products that truly transform your hair. Because we are now just entering the season of spring, it is still very important to take care of your hair and make sure it is getting the right amount of hydration it needs to remain healthy. I wouldn’t consider myself an expert on cosmetology; however, I have picked up on some wonderful suggestions from my hairstylist and my friends that I wanted to definitely share. Most of the hair product recommendations that I am providing below I have also personally tried myself, so I know that these gradually come with real results. I tried my best to include hair products I think would work on all hair types, so hopefully you can take these suggestions with you the next time you go on a splurge at Ulta or at your local drug store!

Batiste Dry Shampoo

This dry shampoo is my number one beauty hack when I am on the go! It’s not exactly healthy to wash your hair every single day, especially if you have colored hair, but this product comes in handy whenever your hair looks a little greasy. The best part about Batiste’s Dry Shampoo is that they come in various scents and some even come with a hint of color to match your natural hair. I have personally used their Brilliant Blonde and Naughty Dry Shampoo, and both of these have never failed to refresh my hair!

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

This serum is a life-changer for making your hair feel silky and smooth, and on top of that, it is humidity resistant. According to the Paul Mitchell website, this serum also counts as a blowout primer, so it will help hair dry faster once you apply it before blow-drying. I personally use this serum on and off, but I always apply one pump to the ends of my damp hair before drying. A bonus to this product is that it also smells exactly like watermelon!

Bumble and bumble Curl Reactivator 

This moisturizing mist is curated for all curly and wavy types of hair. I would describe my hair as thin and mostly straight, so this isn’t a product I have personally used, but most people find products by Bumble and bumble very reliable. This product hydrates, detangles, and de-frizzes your beautiful bouncy hair, and to use it, you just simply spray it into your damp hair starting at the ends and work your way up to the roots. After spraying, make sure you gently massage the product into your hair with your fingers to fully receive the effects. Then you’re finally ready to style! Bumble and bumble products are always cruelty and paraben-free, so I would check out more of their amazing items on their website!

OUAI Leave-In Conditioner 

So far this has been one of my favorite products to use after I wash my hair and I’m just obsessed with the unique beachy scent! This leave-in conditioner is an amazing detangler that also hydrates your hair. In addition, this product reduces frizz and protects your hair from breakage. If you are in need of some thermal protection, definitely try this product out before styling. OUAI’s products are also always cruelty and paraben-free, so don’t miss out on this bestselling item that can literally save your hair!

IGK Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm 

My best friend recommended this product to me a year ago and after one use, I could certainly see and feel the results! This hydrating hair balm does everything to support your hair when you feel like blow-drying or styling. The product is truly for everyone because it is safe for chemically treated hair and all hair types. When I use this product, I apply a quarter size amount to the ends of my damp hair, and I let it absorb before I begin to blow or air dry. Every time I use this hydrating balm my entire head feels instantly smoother, and I love the glamourous shine it gives off!

I hope that some of these hair products end up becoming your new favorites! If you have any other hair product recommendations that you wish to spread the word about, let us know over our social media or on our chapter website!

As always, HCXO

Leslie is the Vice President and Chief Editor for Her Campus Central Washington University. As a senior at CWU studying English Literature, she hopes to one day become an investigative journalist. Her many interests include playing tennis, watching The Office, and traveling. Leslie is from Issaquah, Washington and she has been writing for Her Campus for two years.