This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Nick Siemens is a Junior at CWU and prime example of “when the going gets tough, the tough get going”. After Nick took a year off from CWU he’s back and better by focusing on his academics and staying dedicated to the sport that he loves. This week we caught up with Nick to get to know everything from his favorite  to his favorite 

Where are you from? Minnetonka, Minnesota 

What is your major?

Still deciding.

What are your hobbies?

Traveling, cooking and playing sports.

Where was your favorite place to travel?

Ireland 

Taken?

Happily!

Where is your favorite place to eat in Ellensburg?

Oyama!

Why did you choose CWU of all places? My brother went to school out here, and when I came to visit I fell in love with the trees, the weather and the atmosphere of the PNW. 

Do you have any pets?

Yes, two kitties! They’re names are Leo and Laila 

What’s  your favorite sports team?

Minnesota Vikings

What is your favorite thing to do outside of school?

Hiking (when it’s nice out), hanging out with my girlfriend and our two kittens.

What’s your favorite place to hike in Ellensburg?

Manashtash and Umptanum are two of the most beautiful places to hike in the country, let alone Ellensburg.

If you could give the freshmen Nick any advice, what would it be?

KEEP UP WITH YOUR HOMEWORK! After my freshmen year in college, I had to go through academic suspension which was probably the worst thing I’ve had to deal with in my life. I would definitely tell myself to stay in school and keep my head up, when the going gets tough. 

If you see a guy in a Serevi sweatshirt and a half-up ponytail, make sure to say hi and Go Vikings!

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!