lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Evolution of #Jelena

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Exes Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have been spotted together on multiple occasions in past weeks and people are freaking out. They’ve been seen together at church, grabbing food, and riding bikes together through the streets of LA and people are dying to know if they are officially back together despite their split in 2014. Bieber and Gomez were Hollywood’s favorite couple from 2011 to 2014, and their reconciliation has brought a mixture of opinions. 

Tried-and-true #Jelena fans are over the moon about their reconciliation…

But others feel differently, saying the reconciliation between the two is totally wrong, citing their opinions on the couple’s unhealthy relationship back in 2014…

After things went sour back in 2014, Selena released one of her most popular singles to date, The Heart Wants What It Wants, and it was full of digs about the relationship with Justin. Some even say that a majority of Justin’s Purpose album targets Selena. Earlier this year, Selena, who is the most followed person on Instagram, began dating R&B star The Weeknd. The couple seemed to be doing great; there were rumors that the R&B artist even bought Selena a puppy, and we all remember the lyrics about her in his hit song Party Monster. A part of us is saddened by their breakup, but the OG Jelena fans are happy to see them resolve their problems.

Let us remind you, there is proof that not all that all damaged relationships are doomed for failure. Justin and Selena seem like they have both matured in the three years that they have been broken up, and only time will tell if the time has healed their problems. Like Selena and Justin, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are another example of two exes that got back together and worked out their differences.

What are your opinions about Jelena? Our Her Campus CWU team is torn. Let us know in the comments.