Enjoy Being Alone While You’re Young

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The summer season is a time of fun, adventure, and making memories. However, it can also be a time when it feels like everyone around you is in a relationship or constantly surrounded by friends. But being alone in your 20s doesn’t have to be a negative experience. In fact, it can be a time of self-discovery, personal growth, and enjoyment. Here are some tips on how to have a fun summer and enjoy being alone in your 20s.

1. Take Yourself on Dates

Just because you’re alone doesn’t mean you can’t go out and have fun. Take yourself on dates to the movies, a concert, or a museum. Treat yourself to a nice dinner or a weekend getaway. This is an opportunity to get to know yourself better and indulge in your interests and hobbies.

1. Try New Activities

Summer is the perfect time to try new activities. Take up a new sport or learn a new skill. Join a group or club that interests you. This is a great way to meet new people and have fun while learning something new.

1. Explore Your Surroundings

Take advantage of the warm weather and explore your surroundings. Go for a hike, bike ride, or walk in your local park. Take a weekend road trip to a nearby town or city. You’ll be amazed at how much there is to see and do right in your own backyard.

1. Host a Party

Throwing a party is a great way to have fun and meet new people. Invite friends, coworkers, or acquaintances over for a BBQ or pool party. This is a chance to show off your hosting skills and make new connections.

1. Volunteer

Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and meet new people. Look for local organizations or events that interest you and get involved. This is a chance to make a difference and make new friends at the same time.

1. Plan a Solo Trip

Traveling alone can be a daunting experience, but it can also be incredibly rewarding. Plan a solo trip to a destination that you’ve always wanted to visit. This is an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone, meet new people, and make memories that will last a lifetime.

Being alone in your 20s doesn’t have to be a negative experience. In fact, it can be a time of self-discovery, personal growth, and enjoyment. By taking yourself on dates, trying new activities, exploring your surroundings, hosting a party, volunteering, and planning a solo trip, you can have a fun and fulfilling summer on your own terms. Remember, being alone doesn’t mean you’re lonely. It’s an opportunity to create a life that’s true to who you are and what you want out of life.

Henley is a freshman at Central Washington University and is trying to find her passion. As a freshman, she is still looking into what career path she is interested in. Some of her interests include going to the gym, watching movies, cooking/baking, and just hanging out with friends!