This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The month of December of full of holiday spirit and joy, and what better way to spend it then seeing some amazing shows for the holidays? This year, instead of spending $30 on your “Christmas photo with Santa” why not save some extra money and go see an amazing play or musical performance! If you live near the seattle area, here are a list of some fun looking events going on this holiday season: 

Pacific Northwest Ballet- The Nutcracker (Available until December 28th)

Pacific Northwest Ballet is proud to once again present their take on the age old Christmas classic in the form of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker. Whether you are young or old, there is a reason for you to come and watch this holiday classic. 

A Drag Queen Christmas (December 12th)

The all star queens of Logo TV’s RuPaul’s Drag Race are coming to save your Christmas! Featuring all your favorite stars singing seasonal classics, new and old, A Drag Queen Christmas is guaranteed to get you in the naughty holiday spirit! If you’re looking for some crazy fun this year, look no further! For a wild and fantastic night you won’t forget, check out the amazing “A Drag Queen Christmas.”

Seattle Symphony – A Festival of Lessons and Carols (December 22nd)

The Seattle Symphony invite you and the whole family for a vibrant Christmas celebration featuring choral delights, readings and carols as they recount the Nativity story with the help of some of the area’s most talented ensembles, including the nation’s premier children’s choir, the delightful North West Boy’s Choir.

Celtic Women- Best of Christmas (December 11th)

Celebrate this Christmas season in the company of these celestial-voiced songstresses as they perform festive favorites and classic carols on the Best of Christmas Tour. Come and see this amazing show, full of amazing women! These ladies will show you an amazing performance with a great live show as well, plus their dresses are magnificent.