Drew Wallen: From Ellensburg to Uganda and Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

With bright red hair and a bright smile to match, Drew Wallen is one of the most familiar and friendliest faces seen around CWU’s campus. When he isn’t hitting the books, Drew stays involved in the community by supporting CWU events and getting involved with the campus Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Just this summer, Drew was able to pursue the opportunity to travel with the FCA to Uganda. During his time in Uganda, he visited 12 different orphanages in Jinja and helped run sports camps for over 1000 kids. Her Campus was able to catch up with Drew to get the lowdown on everything from his celeb crush to his go-to dinner spot.

Hometown: Auburn, Washington

Nicknames: Big Red

Year: Junior

Major: Business Finance with specialization in Non Profit

Favorite Sport: Football 

Relationship Status: Very Happily Taken

Who are your biggest influences? Tim Tebow and I would be crazy to not say Jesus.. I bet he’s a pretty solid athlete too.

Where is your go-to place in Ellensburg to eat? TWOK! No Competition!

What is your passion besides football? Jesus! I love my faith, giving back and doing God’s work!

What are some interesting things about you? I can make myself sneeze, I play piano and I took vocal lessons last year.

What was the highlight of your summer? My mission trip to Uganda., It was an amazing experience!

Who is your celebrity crush? My girlfriend! She’ll be famous one day. I’m calling it right now.

Words to live by: “But first seek his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33)

What is your biggest goal in life? Getting baptized at Mercer Creek Church

What advice would you give to others reaching for their goals? When you get knocked down ,or when life goes wrong, it’s all a part of a plan.

What is your go to workout song? “Kickstart My Heart” by Motley Crue but I started listening to “Versace” by Migos Featuring Drake.

Keep up the good work Drew and if you see him around campus, don’t hesitate to talk to him about Justin Timberlake…he loves that.

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!