The Do’s and Dont’s of Cuffing Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The Do’s And Dont’s OF CUFFING SEASON

It’s that time of year again, my friends, the season of love. The excitement of a new school year has come to pass, and you’ve made your rounds scoping out all of the potential Bae’s. The time has come to commit to that special someone that you’ve been casually making out with at parties all summer. Let’s face it, you want someone to go to the pumpkin patch with, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of. However, before you buy a ticket to ride the relationship train, consider the Do’s and Dont’s for Cuffing Season.

DO:

1.      Have Confidence

Know exactly what you want and belive that you are worthy of the relationship of your dreams, because you are. 

2.      Go On All of the Cute Seasonal Dates

I know, I know it seems corney and lame when you see other people doing it, but theres a reason you see them posting about it… don’t miss out.

3.   Be up front and honest.

Be true to who you are, don’t try to change to fit the perfect person, The perfect person will FIT YOU!

Wait!

I do not say this lightly, don’t jump into a relationship with anyone that shows interest. That could cause you to break a good person’s heart. Make sure you have a solid connection first.  Good things come to those who wait.

DONT

Ditching All of Your Girls

Don’t get so caught up that you loose touch with all of your girlfriends, they were there before your new bae, and they will be there if things don’t work out. Never take your girls for granted.

Getting Too Comfortable

You fell for them for a reason, and I’m going to bet one of those reasons was attraction. The same applies to you, they love that you try and that you take care of yourself. Don’t let yourself go just because you don’t have to get someone else’s attention. Take pride in yourself, and your appearance.

Go Social Media crazy

We get it… you’re cute. But this might be the fastest way to lose followers. A couple pics here and there is #goals and we wont deny that you should show BAE off from time to time, but don’t loose your identity on social media. Its okay to have other interests besides your relationship.

Brag

Keep the lovey talk down to a minimum, unless people ask. Especially when you’re with your single friends. Nobody wants to hang out with the girl that cant stop talking about how she has it all, while they are still kissing frogs trying to find their Prince Charming.

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!